How to improve your listening English skills?
hear the teacher and your classmates speak English. It is also important to be able to listen to yourself. you can use your phone to record new words. When you listen to the recording you can listen for differences between the way you sound and the way your teacher sounds. If you hear a difference that means you are a good listener.
Have you ever avoided some conversations before because you are embarrassed by not being able to understand the speaker and to end just nodding your head?
Well, you are not alone any language learner suffers from listening to a foreign language especially from a native speaker.
In order to improve your listening skills, you need to depend on active listening which is paying close attention to something and repeating it.
Using active listening and these few steps will help you to develop your listening English skills:
- 1. Get audio that has subtitles or transcript, we advise you to use short audios that are 4-6 minutes long.
- 2. Listen to the audio without the transcript, just to know what you can get from the whole audio and to get the ‘gist of it.
- 3. Read the transcript only, look up words that are new and affect your understanding.
- 4. Start listening to the audio and read simultaneously; it is important to notice how the speaker is pronouncing and connecting words together.
- 5. Now repeat each part after the speaker.
It’s important to remember that there is no shortcut when it comes to learning. Working on your listing English skills needs time and effort.
How Can I Improve My English Listening Skills?
Steps To Improve Your Listening English Skills For Better Communication
Demonstrate Your Listening Skills By Paraphrasing
Make Consistent Eye Contact
Adopt An Open Posture
Ask Open Questions
Remember Past Details
Show You’re A Good Listener By Nodding
Communicate Active Listening With Mirroring
Listen To Understand
Why Is It Important To Improve Your English Listening Skills?
To Learn Second Language, You Must Be Able To English Listen Well. The More You Improve Your Ability To Listen, The More Your Ability To Speak English Will Improve. This Is A Special Part Of Learning An English Language.